dimanche 26 octobre 2014

 
I was bruised and battered and I couldn't tell what I felt
I was unrecognizable to myself
I saw my reflection in a window
I didn't know my own face
Oh brother are you gonna leave me
Wastin' away
On the streets of Philadelphia
...

It was with Bruce Springstein’s lyrics on the mind that the Claude-sans-cœur team surveyed the streets of Philadelphia. A rather strange city, almost wild, where community gardens, some ghetto, big buildings any colonial villages mix. 

 As usual, Julius toured the city’s landscape of gastro-vegan offerings…


 …and was not disappointed.

There were even more red brick walls…



...and this multicoloured mosaic.




 And of course, we payed a visit to the local China Town - one of the trip’s recurrent themes!


At the center of Love Park, in front of this surprising pink fountain, Julius hung out with a Philly local!


 Philly’s street art is a change from Berlin’s…
 



.…and even late at night, Philly continued to seem mysterious, vivid and unique.

The night has fallen, I'm lyin' awake
I can feel myself fading away
So receive me brother with your faithless kiss
Or will we leave each other alone like this
On the streets of Philadelphia 
...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire